Monday 4 June 2007

Fighting, Manga style!

A huge majority of people reading this may not have heard of Shot-Online (a free to play Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game or MMORPG), but I used to be an avid player of the game. At the time, to me, it was the best (swingometer) golf game outside of Everybody's Golf. In the end, interest waned as well as the growing number of problems the company experienced with the game itself started to mount. *

This hasn't stopped SO makers GamesCampus from moving on to other games. They started up Xiah which I couldn't get to work well graphically and duly lost interest. Since the last time I visited, they have announced 2 more games. One of these is Fishing Champ, where you catch and breed fish. The game is still in development though and probably not worth too much hassle.

On the other hand, Manga Fighter is a different kettle of fish (sorry) altogether. It's basically a 3rd person shooter. You go round shooting people. With Manga characters.

Personally, it looks crazy, but I'm actually thinking this might be a good game. They have a trailer up and the game is in closed beta at the moment but it looks good, if not complex (but then again, I love simple games). Keep an eye out on it. Could be a different take on the genre.

* I still have the game installed though. My name is HiddenAway in the game so if you play it and want a match, just e-mail me (address on the right) and I'll try to find some time to come online.

No comments: