Tuesday 22 May 2007

Most Wanted: Odin Sphere

Every Tuesday, I look at a game on my Most Wanted list and discuss why I want it so much as well as some details from the game.

Name: Odin Sphere

Release Date: America today, Europe TBA

Format: PS2

Developer: Atlus

Websites

Official Japanese site
Official US site

What is it?

Another RPG but set in 2D with large sprites and action based gameplay.

Why is it on the list?

The PS3 is supposed to be on the up and the PS2 almost fizzling out. This game shows that the PS2 still has a little bit of fight left in it though. The strange graphics have had almost universal appeal in the blogosphere and looks very story based. Early reports suggest that this is a long one too so more value for money. Oh, did I say it looks good too?

Why listen to me though? Have a look at the video below. Who said 2D was dead?!

No comments: