Thursday 20 December 2007

The Hidden Review 2007

Also in keeping with Christmas tradition, here's the best and worst of 2007:

Best overall game - Okami

This game which is compared to many of the Zelda games is just sublime. The graphics and the music go a long way into making this a complete package and the gameplay elements fit together to create a 40 hour adventure that I personally will never forget. The fact that it's coming to the Nintendo Wii ensures that it will have another crack at the market. I just hope it isn't ruined because this game doesn't deserve a bad port with Wii controls added on just because we all want it.

Best PS2 game - Okami

Pest PSP game - Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords

A game of Bejeweled mixed with RPG elements. The concept sounds crazy but the game was as addictive and many hours can be lost to just walking the map. An essential buy for handheld owners.

Best DS game - More Brain Training

I'll admit that I haven't had much of a chance to use my new DS but this is the big highlight of the console. I enjoyed it immensely and played it religiously. 42 All Time Classics deserved to win this but it was out in 2006 and doesn't qualify...

Best Wii game - Wii Sports

As with the DS, I haven't had much of a chance to play the Wii either but as with Brain Training, I also played Wii Sports religiously. It probably shouldn't win as it was out last year but it's tricky to judge when it is released so close to Christmas!

Biggest Disappointment - Final Fantasy XII

The story was poor and the battling was plain boring. Maybe I expected too much of this game. I had every right to be as it's been out for so long in the US. However, that doesn't excuse the lack of fun I had playing this game.

PSP in the future - Patapon
DS in the future - The World Ends With You
PS2 in the future - Odin Sphere
PS3 in the future - Little Big Planet
Wii in the future - Zack & Wiki
360 in the future - Infinite Undiscovery

That's the review complete. Unless some ground breaking news comes up, this is the last post of 2007 (minus the weekly review). See you in 2008!

Have a great Christmas and a happy new year!

HiddenAway

No comments: